Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Library Loot. 29th Sept - 5th Oct.



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Finally I have a week in which I can update my loot *properly* yay!!! :) I decided (after Possession, to leave my Dymocks Top 101 list temporarily, to enjoy some reading! Looked at the #fridayreads list for some inspiration + here is my looootage :D)



Finished this one on 2nd October. Really enjoyed it. Powerful type of novel thingy. Girls disappearing, the states, races. Stuff.

So, this was book #1 of the Dresden Files. Finished it on 3rd October. It was good, not boring or anything, but I didn't find it SO FANTASTICALLY AWESOME (that others had been...). Hmm.

Finished on 3rd October. Ooh. This one was a scary, chilling read. Stalin's reign. I was going to pick up Agent 6 from the library (lots of hype) and realised it was no.3 in a series. This was book one. Keeps you on edge :O

One of those powerfully sad... war novels :( Finished on 29th September

Ok Ok.. I KNOW this isn't part of my LIBRARY loot.. BUT BUT>.. i HAD to include it :D I got it from bookdepository (FIRST PRE-ORDER EVER) + read it on 1st October. LOVED IT :D

Ah, just randomly browsed the library for another Murakami book (after I'd read Kafka and found that rather awesome :D... ) This wasn't as :O as Kafka, but still enjoyable, interesting to see what happens after midnight on the scary and not so scary streets of Japan =P. Finished on 29th September.
One of those disease, sad-ish, but interesting novels. A successful/busy mother gets into an accident and finds out that she can't see anything on her left (that's all in the blurb). Finished on 29th September.

This was in the Friday Reads list i think.. hmm, was interesting, different world stuff =P A bit random at times :O But still enjoyed it :D Finished on 30th September.
Picked this up as another Koomson, as you can probably tell, it's like 2 best friends, get split because of a text message. Good, easy read :) Finished on 30th September.
Ooh, this one was recommended to me by Marg (the one that has Mr Linky this week). EMOTIONAL READ :( it was good though. Haha I need to stop using the word *good* :S Finished on 29th September.
This is book 2 after Child 44. Haven't started reading it. Had to borrow the large print edition :( looks so massive :(
Book 3 in that series. the one with all the hype...

Book 2 after *The Magicians*. Haven't read it yet.
This was in the top reads or something on FridayReads... I've just had a flick through though.. looks like it's going to be a difficult one... or.. hopefully interesting? Anyone else read it?
Ah, after 3 months on the waiting list.. FINALLY got this book. Finished it on 3rd October (in the wee hours), I actually found the narrative style very difficult to get into at the start... it's told as from an *outsiders* point of view, but not? Confuzzling. :O Wasn't a BAD book. :)

Ah, back to work next week, somehow don't think I'll be reading as much in the next few weeks.

and yup I still have Eye of the World, Dracula & Middlemarch as my *re-loot*.

:)

6 comments:

Marg said...

I wish I had time to read like you do!

Glad you enjoyed My Best Friend's Girl. Which is your favourite Koomson now you have read a few of them?

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! Sorry that The Weird Sisters wasn't more enjoyable after your long wait for it.

Linda said...

I'm waiting for Ganymede from the library. I've been loving the Clockwork Century series.

Sean Wright said...

I'd love to get more of Priest's stuff, but would prefer to get it in ebook form which is really hard to do for anyone outside of Australia.

Anonymous said...

I have not read The Magician but I have heard a lot of mixed things about it.

Book Worm Rebel said...

@Marg: :D holidays are at an end now though, unfortunately :( last day today :( so no more book awesomeness :(
Probably that one would be my fav so far! Really liked it!!! :)
@thecaptivereader: i have indeed been busy! loving it! have you read the weird sisters? :)
@Linda: OOOOOOH it's coming out in the library? YAY :D I LOVE IT TOO :D I really really really want to get my hands on a copy of Clementine! :( can't find one ANYWHERE, myself + another tweep contacted Cherie Priest + we found out that a paperback version will be released next year :)
@Sean: yay! ohhh.. yeah.. it's hard enough trying to get a hardcopy!! good luck though! have you read any others that are similar? :) - thanks for the follow btw :)
@celawerdblog yeah.. I just finished The Magician King. Hmm, the writing style seems a little immature?? but it sort of suits the main character. I didn't mind the book, and it was easy to read.. but.. not at stand out or anything :P