[scroll down for loot update]
(copied from my MS Novel Challenge page)
As of about 10 minutes ago, I finally finished the book Possession by A.S. Byatt. I had put it down numerous times, taken breaks from it (finished The Name of the Wind & The Wise Man's fear - over 1500 pages between them).
I really struggled to get into the book itself, I suppose starting it during the final week of term 3 (school - I'm a teacher) wasn't the best idea. Finally though, last night + this morning I was able to devote my full attention to the book, and I actually found myself enjoying it (surprise surprise!).
I'm so happy that I've been able to finish it - I thought it would end up in the same pile as "The Man Who Loved Children" & "Gulliver's Travels" - as books that I put down, and have not picked up again.
I've had a bit of a reading slump this month, really disappointed in the number of books that I have read. (only 7 this month) I know I've been trying more difficult books, trying to complete my top 101 Dymocks list (7 books to go!). I have left all the difficult ones to last :(
I'm finding that I was not enjoying reading, which made me feel really sad about this :( - I really didn't like the books that I was trying to get through. But, reading shouldn't be about "getting through books", it should be about appreciating them...
I guess that's why I took a break from Possession and moved onto other books, ones that I really did enjoy :) rekindled my love for books :)
Anyway, I'm glad I got out of that slump, looking for more books to read :) So happy that it's been extended til the end of October which means I have more time to find good books + raise more money for the MS Society :)
Thank you everyone for your kind support so far :) I really do appreciate it & the MS Society does too :)
Current book tally: 61Current page count: 24,095
Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
In other news, no new loot this week. I finished The Wise Man's Fear (994 pages) - book #2 in the Kingkiller Chronicles. Loved it. I also just finished, as I mentioned, Possession - A.S. Byatt.
Leftover loot:
Middlemarch - George Eliot
Dracula - Bram Stoker
The Eye of the World - Robert Jordan
I am really looking for some new + exciting (and not too heavy!) books to read though! I have school holidays now + I really want to get some good books! - especially while I have some extra time up my sleeve :) Any suggestions? :D

No comments:
Post a Comment