Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Library Loot 19-25 April


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.








New Loot from the past week included:
*The Girl Who Disappeared Twice - Andrea Kane (good psych/crime sort of book)
*The Night Stalker (good crime, thriller, some gory-ish descriptions)
*Anna & the French Kiss (corny, made me laugh though, and cringe... :P, teenage love!)
(all requests from libraries... tried to stay away from browsing shelves.. and the catalogue!)

EDIT: Yes, I have actually already read the three books that I borrowed during the week - and the comments in the brackets are a snapshot of what I thought of them :P hehe :)

 I've just realised, I've really swallowed some books whole, just consumed them! I was in a bit of a strange mood last week. Bad week at work, unsettled blah blah blah. Anyway. So, I read a lot.

I finished almost all of my loot from last week (and this week!), exceptions include Genesis (I tried reading it... and failed, then googled the outline of it.. I guess I wasn't in the mood to read one of those "meaning of life" books) and the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency (hadn't gotten up to it yet).

13 Little Blue Envelopes (romantic, easy read)
The Last Little Blue Envelope (as above)
Genesis - Beckett (failed to read..)
Comeback - Corris (average crime book)
The Lovers - Vida (very .. interesting take on how cultures have various misconceptions of eachother.. if that makes sense..)
Vanished - Finder (crime fiction, I've really enjoyed all the books of his so far..:).. )
Girl, Stolen - Henry (wasn't bad, but it felt like there was something missing..)
All Mortal Flesh - Spencer-Fleming (crime, mystery, I still prefer Finder's novels :P)
The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency - McCall (have yet to read)
Follow the Money - Corris (average crime book, not bad)

So, somehow in the past week I managed to consume 11 novels :S

Still to read

*No.1 Ladies Detective Agency
*Wise Children (still procrastinating from it..)

6 comments:

Marg said...

I really liked Anna and the French Kiss. It is a YA book that I recommend to people who say they won't like YA

Christine said...

Everyone's loving Anna and the French Kiss--hope you do, too! :)

Book Worm Rebel said...

Hi Marg and Christine, I read Anna and the French Kiss during the past week. I didn't mind it. Was a bit corny but, I guess that's what high school romances are like :P

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

You have been busy with your reading! Hope you enjoy what you have remaining - I've never read Wise Children but I know a lot of my favourite bloggers adore it.

Anonymous said...

I wish my library had a book by Stephanie Perkins, I really want to try one of her novels. Enjoy!

Beth said...

I liked Anna and the French Kiss; I've read a handful of YA books and usually I get frustrated with first person (because teenagers are so, um, young?). But that one kept me happy most of the time, so I recommend it :-).

Since your other library reads were grimmer it might have made a good change-up.