Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Library Loot - TODAY 18th April


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.


It has been a LONG while since I did a Library Loot, I have been lazy :P trying to read through (consume/munch etc) my previous lootage.. I got a little distracted :P

I went on a little splurge last night.. i.e. I raided the library catalogue, searching for BOOKS. Requested about 10... and made notes about 10 others, of which I picked up this evening.

So here's my new loot! :)

*Unfortunately my internet is ... being rather crappy and google isn't loading.. so I can't get the photos of the books :( so I'll just list the books below... will update in the next few days if I can with the book covers*

13 Little Blue Envelopes
The Last Little Blue Envelope
Genesis - Beckett
Comeback - Corris
The Lovers - Vida
Vanished - Finder
Girl, Stolen - Henry
All Mortal Flesh - Spencer-Fleming
The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency - McCall
Follow the Money - Corris

Also.. tried to get a copy of The Unseen .. but it was missing : (

Books that I've consumed in the past 3 weeks or so of april:
*The Sense of An Ending (booker prize 2012)
*Me Before You (friggin bawled my eyes out.. -_-")
*Saving Max (excellent)
*High Crimes (awesome twists)
*Nemesis .. interesting...
*What we All Long for (what an ending.. *sigh*)
*Floundering (families... oogah)
*Flight - a bit of an odd one
*Black Jesus (soulful .. characters)

Currently still reading Wise Children - Angela Carter (anyone read her...? my friend lent it to me)



2 comments:

Cat said...

My daughter has just recommended Me Before You so I must read it soon - sounds like tissues are required!
Enjoy your loot~!

Linda said...

Great loot. Enjoy!