(from Kaohsiung, Taiwan)
Yes, I relocated back in mid-August. I'm teaching over here at an International School (nope, not English, Math! - I have to clarify this to everyone!).
Hadn't read books for awhile (at least not from a library).
I visited a library in Nanzih last weekend, finally (yes I'd been putting it off for a LONG time, super lazy, I am!). Most of the books in the "English section" looked to have been donated. Old books, and some 'new-ish' ones. I borrowed a few (some of them oldies):
I've crossed out the ones that I've already read from the above pile---:
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
Julie & Julia - Julie Powell
Preceding last week's expedition to the library, I had purchased [from bookdepository, except when stated otherwise]
The Program - S. Young [Recommended by a penpal]
The Treatment - S. Young [second book in the series]
Harry Potter 1 - 4 - J.K. Rowling (from someone in Kaohsiung that didn't want them anymore)
Fiddlehead - Cherie Priest [I love her steampunk books, the clockwork century series... I didn't realise until a month or two ago, that she'd actually released this book awhile ago... :P]
Also - I read the "In her Name - Redemption" trilogy - that was a very interesting read... for sure! I downloaded them onto my Amazon Cloud Reader :) It was on a recommendation from a colleague that I read it. He (and a couple of other colleagues) suggested that I read "The Martian" as well... hmm
Anyway, just thought I'd update you on my random reading bouts. It's not happening very often, but... it occasionally does happen... :)




No comments:
Post a Comment