Well, I finally did it, after a number of years of owning the first four books from the series, "A Song of Ice and Fire", and telling myself that I would read the rest of the books during one of the holidays...
I did originally read the first book when I bought it, but stopped after that, I can't recall why exactly.
But, a week or so ago, I decided that I would re-read it, then start the rest of the series.. and well as of Wednesday 22/1/14, I finished A Feast for Crows... and was really missing Tyrion! Haha, as the 4th installment focuses on Kings Landing, and he did put a note in at the end of the book to let us readers know that the next book would focus on the other parties :)
I've ordered A Dance for Dragons from bookdepository, looking forward to its arrival, although I do have a bad feeling that it won't arrive until after I've started back at work (28/1) .. :( , I think I still might try to read it during the term (yes I'm a rebel, I know :P)
Really loving the series so far, I did attempt to watch the 2nd/3rd seasons but... got put off :P Think I'm a little more in love with the books than the real life-ness of it :P Stories being in my head.. ah nevermind anyway. :D
Anyone else read/reading the series? I know I'd put it off for a long time, but I'm thinking that perhaps the actual TV series might have encouraged some people to read it ? :)
P.S. I've also just started (and finished) watching the Sherlock series. Loved it!

2 comments:
I read each book just ahead of the tv season coming out, but this is tougher now as the tv show is out of whack with the books (still chunks of book 3 to come, while sections of book 4 were in the previous season). Need to bite the bullet and just finish the books off.
Reading "S" at the moment, from JJ Abrams. Fantastic the way it is all put together with inserts and so forth. Really feels like an old library book!
Lennox
HOly moly mate. I did not realise you ever posted here! haha.. thanks for your comment (very belated, I know!)
Post a Comment