Hello. So I've started afresh. A new blog. Too many people have found me in my other blogs. GUH. People meaning students. Them finding me on facebook (my name isn't even my real name!), twitter (same deal) + most recently youtube (my name is totally not my real one!). Freaky.
Hopefully this one - they can't find!.
Anyway. Onto lootage.
Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
This week has been a quiet one for me. I only just picked up two books today, that had been sitting there for awhile.
A Visit From The Good Squad - Jennifer Egan. I've seen a ZILLION tweets about this book on #fridayreads, and it's been in their top 10 for quite a while, so finally I'll be able to see what all the fuss was about!
The Paris Wife - Paula McLain. This is another one that was quite a popular #fridayreads, hence me requesting it. Looks like a love story/war time thing.
That was it! I think anyway! :PHere's all my old lootage: (borrowed, but haven't read..)











Books Read during this time period:
Freedom - Jonathan Franzen. Frustrating character personalities.
The Happiest Refugee - Anh Do. A bit roundaboutdetailed stuff. Still enjoyable though :)
Almost French - Sarah Turnbull. Memoir, so quite self-absorbish. Still love the descriptions of France. Makes me want to visit France + read Lunch In Paris again!
Ok. There ends my first newbie bookalog :) Three books read. Must be my lowest amount in a LONG time. :(
6 comments:
When you left the comment on my post I was thinking gee that sounds like her....like the new blog!
Haha :D Must have been 'logged' into my new blog at that particular time :) hehe :) thanks!!! i like this comment thing too ! :)
Yay new blog!
How better to start off a new blog than with great loot? I've heard lots of positive things about both The Paris Wife and A Visit from the Good Squad. I'm reading State of Wonder right now and am, as always, loving Patchett's writing. Enjoy your books!
Wait. Are you changing fb too?
So it wasn't just blogspot and YouTube but it was facebook first??
And even twitter?
How are your privacy settings anyway for fb and twitter?
Wow...loads of books! (:
Also, how did you know they found you in all those things? D:
Post a Comment