Sunday, August 21, 2011

Slow week...




Ok. I just scrapped everything that I was going to say.

Instead. Swamplandia! Karen Russell. Finished it yesterday.


Just realised that, looking at the front cover again, that I am now creeped out.

POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD::


During the novel, the Birdman - who takes Ava on a journey on the river to find her missing sister - I actually was almost convinced that he was a good dude :) Looking out for the best interests for Ava and quite genuinely concerned. Ava telling him that she 'loved him' - as a fatherly figure sort of thing, seemed alright etc. Until a certain event, that brought me back to reality... and the picture on the front of the novel made me go. EW. CANNOT BELIEVE THAT. :(

END POSSIBLE SPOILER


A lot of stuff started to make sense in the last part of the novel... but before that I had a different perception on what their reality was...

Does that make it a good book, or a bad book? I don't know... Looking at a number of reviews, it seems as though it was a poorly written book, but at others - it was a fantastic book.

*sigh*

Anyway, I don't think that made any sense... an outpouring of the brain.

Until next time (reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. 700+ pages.. fun times)


No comments: