Thursday, August 18, 2011

No Library Loot!

This week I've been busy (or lazy?) and have not visited the library.


There is one book waiting for me there, called Kafka on the Shore. One of my colleagues has invited me to their book club, and that is the next book that they'll be reading :)


This past week has been a quiet one for books. I finished Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates, which took me (felt like) a bazillion years, a graphic novel called Pride of Baghdad (very powerful!), a penpal's short novel (sent to me, very hmm, different!) and last night/wee hours of this morning I finished Ann Patchett's State of Wonder - which I found VERY difficult to get into. It wasn't until perhaps after page 100/150 that it became a bit more interesting.

























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you find State of Wonder in the end?

Book Worm Rebel said...

I thought the ending was a bit strange? The middle of the book was pretty good, found it easy to read/interesting... but yeah.. towards the end, I'm not sure.. it just became odd. Haha.