Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I finished a book! + library loot for September



Hah, what a title.

You wouldn't think that finishing a book would be such a :O thing for me, after finishing 31 books in July, why would ONE book call for a blog entry?

Well, the sad fact is, the book I just finished, The Name Of the Wind, was actually only the fifth book I have read this month :( I feel really disappointed in myself for this. I keep trying to think of WHY this is the case... WHY I have ready barely any books this month :(

I think it's the books themselves. During July I had a continuous stack of books from the library, that kept getting higher! No matter how fast I read I'd be picking up books from the library every few days!

This month, however, I think I've visited the library once, and that was yesterday I think. The books that I have left in my leftover library loot don't look too enticing either.

My Library Loot for September:

The Eye Of The World (Book #1 in The Wheel of Time series)



Leftover Library Loot:

*Possession - A.S. Byatt (in progress, finished The name of the Wind as a break from it)
*Middlemarch - George Eliot
*Dracula - Bram Stoker
*P*rno - Irvine Welsh
*The Eye of the World (Book #1) - Robert Jordan

Books still to be read on Dymocks Top 101:
#15: The Twilight Saga (ew, I've read the first book)
#34: The Wheel Of Time Series (apparently there are a billion books in this series, and each one is SUPER LONG) - have borrowed book #1
#68: Possession - A.S. Byatt: am really struggling with this book... page 100something. Shall try again later this week.
#75: Lord Of the Flies
#81: Middlemarch - George Eliot
#86: Farenheit 451
#97: Dracula
#98: War & Peace

So eight books left. (+ the books in series). I wonder if I'd be able to read all these books by the time The Novel Challenge finishes (now extended til October *phewf*).

Any advice on other books to read? (as these books, to me, seem rather dry/uninteresting)
Books read in September (very disappointing amount):

2nd September - The Paris Wife (love travel-type books)


2nd September - Slaughterhouse Five




6th September: Fall Of Giants (epic)






10th September: Kafka on the Shore (strange but amazing)



20th September: Name Of The Wind (great break from Possession)


No comments: