Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
No loot this week. Just slowly finishing off books from my old loot. I was horribly ill over the past week, still have the snozz/throat.. but NO FEVERISH SYMPTOMS :) *yay*! :) So I managed to attack a few books over the past few days :)
Sunday 28th August. Finished Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. 782 pages. (A CHUNKFUL)
A book about magic rivalries in long ago England and other worlds.
Monday 29th August. Finished A Visit from the Goon Squad. 274 pages. (A nice break)
I think this book was rather hyped. Must have sourced this from a #fridayreads night - where EVERYONE was tweeting about it! I thought the style was interesting + pretty easy to read. BUT the time jumped a LOT, past, present, past, further past... etc etc. and.. even slides?? Haha. Interesting one
Tuesday 30th August. Finished White Cat - Holly Black. Book #1 in the Curse Worker Trilogy. 310 pages.
Regular fantasy-type novel. Book #2 was a popular #fridayreads a while back, so I had to read this one first.
Wednesday 31st August. Finished Red Glove - Holly Black. Book #2 in the Curse Worker Trilogy. 262 pages.
As above.
Then I'm going to be illegal, as I'm posting this late... 12.52am on a Friday morning.
Friday 2nd September (wee hours). Finished The Paris Wife - Paula McLain. 314 pages.
This was from a #fridayreads popular tweet list I believe. Historical fiction about Ernest Hemingway's life, from his first wife's point of view (and random snippets from his). I thought it was really well written + I enjoyed it :)
What to read next? Books I still have out include:
Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut (Due 7th Sept) Haven't renewed yet
Possession - A.S. Byatt (Due 7th Sept) Haven't renewed yet
Middlemarch - George Eliot (Due 7th Sept) Haven't renewed yet
The name of the wind - Patrick Rothfuss (Due 7th Sept) Haven't renewed yet
Dracula - Bram Stoker (Due 7th Sept) Haven't renewed yet
Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami(Due 16th Sept) Haven't renewed yet
Por** - Irvine Welsh (Due 22nd Sept) Have renewed twice
Fall of Giants - Ken Follett (Due 22nd Sept) Have renewed twice
No comments:
Post a Comment