Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Library Loot: 4th July

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire fromThe Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.
The photos below are the books I picked up from the library this week (only 4 :P). Finally managed to get "Drive" (which I've already read) -  > which will be helpful when it comes to reading "Driven" (part of my leftover loot). I've also already read "I want my hat back", which is a book that I requested, not realising that it was a picture book. When I picked it up, I literally raised my eyebrows curiously.. wondering why I'd bothered to request a picture book (not that I have anything against picture books... :P ). Well! It was a great read > highly recommend it! (No, it's not like Shaun Tan, but when you read picture books as an adult.. you can read so much more into them than as a child would.. hmm)

I haven't gotten around to Heft or Grave Mercy or The Chimney Sweeper's Boy. (Think I saw people tweeting about them on #fridayreads at some point). 

From last week's loot I have consumed (9): The Industry, Borrowed Time, Among Others, Angelmaker (brilliant!), City of Ashes (accidentally read this .. thinking that Clockwork Angel was book #1.. whereas it was the prequel! ARGHH!), Gone 'til November, Pure, A Reliable Wife, and What She Wants. 

Leftover loot includes (7): 11/22/63 (King), The Shadow of the Wind (will be a re-read), Heading Out to Wonderful, Driven, The Imperfectionists, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, and The Time of My Life.

New Loot:









8 comments:

Marg said...

So did you work out why you requested that book then?

Book Worm Rebel said...

Which book? The picture one? I think I saw someone posting about it on #fridayreads.. or in their blog.. just about a book that they'd just finished and thought that it was awesome! (hopefully that was the book you were talking about?)

Marg said...

Yes, the picture one!

Linda said...

I got Drive a few months ago but failed to read it before it had to go back. I enjoyed the movie and do hope to read it at some point.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I Want My Hat Back is a cute one. I read it myself not long ago with a few other children's picture books. (I recently looked at Tan's The Arrival, too -- amazing art.)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your books!

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

I've heard wonderful things about I Want My Hat Back. It has been years since I read a picture book - and even more since I read one without a youthful audience - but that hasn't stopped me from putting in on my to-read list. Enjoy your loot!

Book Worm Rebel said...

Marg: glad I got the right one :P
Linda: I hope to watch the movie soon!
midnightcoffeemonster: Ahh.. yes The Arrival. THe students in my school have to study that at year 10 for ENglish.. or ESL.. I forget which. Brilliant illustrations.
Claire: Do it! read it now! :)

TP said...

I hope you enjoy all your books - I've heard good things about Grave Mercy!

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com