(somewhat)
Well, after four and a half month's absence, hello.
Reason for post: I read a book.
Why this is strange: I hadn't read a book since August
Why this was the case: Had 'reader's block' and other things on the mind
Very strange for me not to be shoving books down my throat, to put it lightly. But this is what has happened, perhaps my bookworming days are over, or maybe it's just really hot, or maybe I've been spending too much time on the computer instead of lying on my bed lost in another world.
What made me read: I decided that, after a year since I last moved, all of my novels were still sealed up in their boxes, my bookcases still bare - that I needed to give some books away to people that would appreciate them. There were many books that I had not read, and I felt bad for those poor books, being neglected on their own in a dark box. So I put a post up on Facebook asking people to send me a message if they were interested in any books.
24 hours later: almost 50 books have been 'claimed'. I'm doing a trip down to Melbourne next week to deliver them :) I didn't realise that there would be such a response. I guess FREE + BOOKS + DELIVERY = attractive. A lot of the books are fairly new, read once, or not at all. Some of them gifts to me from parents or relatives; that I never enjoyed or don't want any longer.
Oh.
The book I read was Dean Koontz's Frankenstein (book 1). Easy book to consume within 3 hours :) omnomnom.
But since then, nothing. Hmm... I haven't been to a library for so long, except to return all of those books that were mentioned at the end of my last post - I never ended up reading them.
I would appreciate some recommendations - if possible - ones that I may be able to attain from my local libraries.
Less than two weeks left until I have to go back to work, so I might as well make use of my time! :)
Hope everyone is doing well, apologies for my absence - to those scant few that pay attention to my blog ;P
Here are some of the books that have already been claimed :) hehe
If you're curious to get some books yourself, send me a message :)

1 comment:
Still can't believe you're getting rid of your books :( end of an era! haha You totally should have charged for delivery!
Post a Comment